For all appointments please contact our practice online or phone – 1300 563 344.
Please note that although we are able to receive referral information from your GP by fax or online, we do require that you personally contact us in order to arrange an appointment time and to ensure that Dr Schwarz is able to see you for your particular condition.
Note: A valid GP or specialist referral is required to make an appointment with Dr Ben Schwarz
We do ask that you contact us and give at least 24-hours’ notice should you need to reschedule or cancel your booking.
Cancellations or cancellations with less than 24-hour notice may incur a cancellation fee.
Preparation for your consultation
Please arrive 10-15 minutes before your allocated appointment time as you will be asked to complete some paperwork. To save time you can complete the new patient registration form online.
Dr Schwarz allocates a 30-minute first consultation so that your reason for consultation can be thoroughly understood. This will include a detailed history, a physical examination and review of any imaging or investigations. Further imaging or investigations may be ordered as required. Your diagnosis and management options will then be discussed, including any possible non-operative or operative options. Please feel free to ask any questions or voice any concerns you may have throughout the consultation.
What to bring to your consultation
- Current Medicare and Private Health Insurance details.
- Current pension or DVA card.
- If you have a current claim under WorkCover or 3rd party, please bring an approval letter and claim number. If they aren’t produced at the time of consultation, then you will incur the charges until approval has been obtained.
- A valid Referral letter from your GP or referring specialist (or ensure that a referral has been sent to us directly) – without this you will not be able to claim any Medicare rebate for the consultation.
- All prior x-rays, CT-scans, MRI images, pathology or test results relating to your consultation. Please bring the actual images (digital copies or copies on plastic x-ray film are ideal) as the report alone is inadequate.
- Copies of all previous consultations, hospital admissions or operation reports relating to your current issue.
- Your medical history with a list of current medications and allergies.
- Appropriate clothing to allow thorough clinical examination of the relevant part that you are having problems with, as well as the joints above and below.